AO PEER profits from the wealth of expertise available within the AO—through the commitment to best practices and excellence in research and education. AO PEER leverages these trusted resources, which were developed and evaluated by the AO PEER taskforce with the support of the AO Education Institute (AO EI) and the AO Innovation Translation Center.
Please share your feedback and ideas with us so we can learn how the AO PEER platform has helped you and how it could be improved to better suit your needs.
Would you like to learn more about research?
Find the next AO PEER course near you!
In connection with the COVID-19 situation, most AO PEER courses will be postponed or cancelled. The AO endeavors to give due notice of these decisions but encourages you to ensure the tickets and accommodation you book are refundable.
July 20, 2020
AO PEER Webinar—Statistics and sample size calculation: Give your study enough power!
Anahí Hurtado Chong, Gerard Slobogean, and Lehana Thabane present a live interactive webinar focusing on how a study question is linked with sample size calculation and the statistical analysis. It includes a discussion of the most relevant concepts of sample size calculation based on an example study.
- Identify the factors that influence sample size
- Describe how the selection of the appropriate statistical method is crucial for the correct analysis and interpretation of results
- Recognize the value of getting support
June 9, 2020
Critical Appraisal of Scientific Literature–Reading Between the Lines
Osama Farouk, Elke Rometsch, and Anahí Hurtado Chong are presenting the live interactive webinar. In this webinar you will learn why critical appraisal of literature is important. We provide a hands-on checklist which helps you to systematically assess the quality of a scientific manuscript.
- Recognize the importance of critically appraising scientific literature
- Adopt a critical approach to reading the literature
- Apply a systematic process to assess the quality and validity of a scientific paper
May 14, 2020
Selecting the Optimal Study Design for your Research Question
Adeolu Adeyeye and Anahí Hurtado Chong are presenting a live interactive webinar about selecting the optimal study design for a research question.
- Describe the different study designs in clinical research and their pros and cons
- Differentiate between observational and interventional studies
- Differentiate between descriptive and analytical studies
- Recognize the value of initial evaluation to select the appropriate study design to answer your research question
April 7, 2020
How to Identify a Clinical Problem for Research–How to Formulate a Structured Research Question
Matthew Allen and Alessandro Aprato are presenting a live interactive webinar about: how to identify a clinical problem for research, and how to formulate a structured research question.
- Recognize the value of deliberate initial planning for a high quality and relevant research study
- Evaluate if a clinical problem is suitable for research
- Explain how the iterative development and refinement process clarifies the clinical problem and lays the groundwork for your study
- Formulate a structured and specific clinical research question by applying the PICOT concept
7270 Davos Platz, Switzerland
+41 81 414 25 05