Education about infection
The importance of knowledge sharing.
Stephen Kates, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
AO Trauma is committed to improving patient care and outcomes through high-quality education. Under the AO umbrella, the Clinical Priority Program (CPP) Bone Infection aims to spread the knowledge about treatment, prevention and management of fracture-related infections (FRI), bringing researchers and clinicians together.
The members of the CPP Bone Infection are responsible for disseminating CPP knowledge through publications, conferences, and courses, as well as improving patient care through education about infection.
The aims of the CPP Bone Infection are to:
- Publish comprehensive literature on the CPP topics
- Develop educational programs and books on infection.
- Kates S, Borens O Principles of Orthopedic Infection Management. Thieme; 2017. ISSN: 9783132410756
- Li B, Moriarty TF, Webster T, Xing M Racing for the surface. Pathogenesis of implant infection and advanced antimicrobial strategies. Springer International Publishing; 2020. ISBN: 978-3-030-34475-7
- Li B, Moriarty TF, Webster T, Xing M Racing for the surface. Antimicrobial and interface tissue engineering. Springer International Publishing; 2020. ISBN 978-3-030-34471-9
- Moriarty TF, Zaat, SAJ, Busscher HJ Biomaterials associated infection. New York, NY: Springer; 2013. ISBN: 978-1-4614-1031-7
The pillars of the CPP Bone Infection
Check the publications of the CPP Bone Infection