AO Trauma Research Olympiad 2023
AO Trauma launches a new edition of the AO Trauma Research Olympiad open to all regions.
The new AO Trauma Research Olympiad will be held in December 2023 in Davos, Switzerland.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Signify the importance of research within the AO Trauma community
- Enhance a culture of clinical and basic science research among AO Trauma members
- Further strengthen the bonds of the AO Trauma regions
- Establish a spirit of competitiveness, respect, and respect for the rules governing research across the AO Trauma regions and among AO Trauma members
- Give AO Trauma members the opportunity to present and to compete at a global level
- Promote the AO spirit of innovation and development of new concepts
Each AO Trauma region will select two candidates, who will be invited to Davos, Switzerland to present their research projects in the competition in December. AO Trauma seeks members who are interested in participating in this research project competition.
The selection criteria for the candidates and their projects are:
- Applicants must be 40 years old or younger.
- All the candidates need to be clinicians.
- Candidates may not have any other commitments during the days of the AO TRO program.
- Projects must be original clinical research that has not yet published or previously presented or published within the last 6 months at the time of application.
While there is no specific restriction on the area of research, projects should address topics that are relevant to clinical practice.
Candidates will present their research projects in front of a jury of five judges (one from each AO Trauma region). Jury members are selected by the AO Trauma Research Commission. The chairperson of the AO Trauma Research Olympiad is Peter Giannoudis, Leeds, United Kingdom.
The candidates will join:
- A visit to the AO Research Institute Davos (ARI) facilities and a get-together with ARI researchers and AO Innovation Translation Center (AO ITC) staff.
- Tour of the AO Davos Courses
- Dinner with invited guests
- AO Trauma Research Olympiad competition
The detailed program will be announced at a later date.
Winners of the competition will receive gold, silver, and bronze medals as well as certificates. The costs of flights and four nights of lodging in Davos will be covered by AO Trauma.