One AO—LearnX 2023: Leading Transformation
Join us as we exchange ideas for creating positive change in healthcare, leadership, surgical education, and training.
Register now to reserve your spot!
We're bringing together 300 surgeons, including residents and fellows, to experience the AO NA spirit and learn from nationally and internationally known guest speakers. Take this opportunity to learn, network, share of best practices, and experiencing the AO community through several planned social activities.
This year’s One AO takes place April 28-30, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM.
We strongly encourage you to arrive by 3:00 PM Wednesday, April 26 to catch our special session: The Women’s Symposium. All are invited—please join us and show your support! There is no fee for this session.
Committee and board meetings occur Thursday, April 27.
You can view the full One AO/LearnX 2023 program schedule here.
Join us and together we will
- Support and recognize research by residents and fellows
- Explore technologies and solutions that augment surgical training and patient care
- Interact with Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Participate in technology showcases and demos
- Take part in a symposium focused on “Women in Surgery”
- Experience community spirit through social events—guests are welcome
- Celebrate AO NA faculty through the “Educator of the Year” awards
- Engage with your peers and discuss important topics
One AO—LearnX 2023 Featured Speakers
Garth Graham, MD, MPH, FACC
Director and Global Head of Healthcare and Public Health at Google/YouTube
Graham McMahon, MD, MMSc
President and Chief Executive Officer, ACCME
Adnan Alseidi, MD, EdM
Professor of Clinical Surgery, Vice Chair for Education, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
Joseph Zwischenberger, MD, FACS
Professor of Surgery and Professor of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky
Carla Pugh, MD, PhD
Professor of Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine, Director of the Technology Enabled Clinical Improvement (T.E.C.I.) Center
Sanjay Desai, MD
Chief Academic Officer, American Medical Association
Author, Design For How People Learn
Workforce Innovation & Strategy, Groove Jones
Airline Pilot, Lufthansa Passage Airlines
Grant writing workshop
Opportunity for current trauma fellows and clinicians early in their practice to develop research and grant writing skills.
Workshop occurs Wednesday April 26 and Thursday April 27 prior to the main One AO/LearnX event.
During your free time between AO NA-sponsored activities, enjoy one of the many unique outdoor and cultural activities the Tamaya resort offers for all ages:
- Horseback trail rides, yoga & horse experiences, and weekly rodeo nights
- Complimentary bicycles and helmets for pedaling around the resort landscape
- Jeep tours through Albuquerque and Santa Fe to experience natural wonders and historic sites
- Hot air balloon rides over the resort, Sandia Mountains, and Rio Grande River Valley
Visit the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa's website to learn more.
Educator of the year awards
We have created named educator awards that exemplify individuals’ contributions to teaching, mentoring, and support provided at our educational events. This year, we are proud to announce the legacy award winners, whom the awards are named after.