Young Investigator Research Development Award
Funding in support of research projects for AO Trauma NA-supported orthopedic trauma fellows entering their first year of post-fellowship practice.Application opens Fall 2024.
Prerequisites & eligibility
The principal investigator (PI) must be an orthopedic trauma fellow training in an AO Trauma NA sponsored orthopedic trauma fellowship program in the United States or Canada. The fellow may develop his/her own project or work on a discrete component of an established investigator’s larger research endeavor.
Applicants are limited to one submission per individual each fellowship year. The applicant and PI must be current members of AO Trauma.
Funding & deliverables
Maximum funding per award is $30,000. Funding is distributed in installments starting with the current fellowship year and into the first year of practice.
Periodic reporting is required, including use of funds for meetings, statistical support, and research when in practice. There must also be maintenance of contact with updated contact information provided to AO Trauma NA upon fellowship graduation or initiation of permanent academic position.
How to apply
Apply online via the link below. The following is needed to apply:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from Program Director or Former Residency Program Director
- Personal statement, including your plans for research over the next two years and into the future as well as how you feel this award will contribute to your career
Application opens Fall 2024.
- 2021: Augustine Saiz, MD & Graham DeKeyser, MD
- 2020: Adam Boissonneault, MD & L. Henry Goodnough, MD, PhD
- 2019: Ashley Levack, MD & Joseph Patterson, MD