Share your knowledge with the next generation of surgeons.
AO VET Faculty Lounge
Access the brand new AO VET Faculty Lounge and find all necessary teaching materials for your upcoming course, submit your reimbursements, or update your personal profile
Faculty Development Programs
Developed by AO Foundation, it aims to foster and support faculty to provide the best possible teaching at clinical educational events
Routes to becoming AO VET faculty
There are two route to becoming a AO VET faculty.
1. Course Chairs identifies and invites new faculty
- Chair invites suitable new faculty, ensuring pre-requisites are satisfied (AO VET member, attendance of principles plus advanced / master course, suitably eminent individual)
- Individual acts as provisional faculty on course
- Chair or Assistant Chair acts as mentor and assessor
- If deemed suitable to become full faculty, application form submitted to regional board with reference from chair
- Regional board assess application and if appropriate recommend attendance at Faculty Education Program (FEP) and move to full faculty.
- Decision ratified by AO VET Education Commission
2. Individual applies directly
Necessary in case individual does not have local network; should be open to anyone in region
- Individual applies to regional board to become provisional faculty
- Regional board assess suitability to become provisional faculty and maintain provisional faculty list; this list is shared with chairs who are encouraged to invite individuals as provisional faculty to a course
- Same route as above after this – individual acts as provisional faculty on course, then applies to regional board with chair’s endorsement, then regional board recommend FEP (ratified by AO VEC) then individual completes FEP and goes onto full faculty list
“I attended my first AO VET course in 1990. That was it for me—I was hooked. The faculty, the hands-on instruction, the one-to-one approach, the science. It changed my career course and I’ve been a part of AO ever since.”
BVSc MACVSc MVS HDipUTL DiplomateECVS,
Associate Professor, Murdoch University
Chair AO VET Asia-Pacifc Board