FacultyFocus AO Recon
Welcome to the first 2023 edition of FacultyFocus, our newsletter featuring information curated especially for you as AO Recon faculty.
In this edition, we are pleased to share with you the news that, following approval by the AO Recon Education Forum, the AO Recon Shoulder Curriculum Task Force has finalized the course program and all the support materials for shoulder arthroplasty courses with anatomical specimens for full rollout globally. The course—highlighted by small group discussions and a full day in the anatomical specimen lab—focusing on anatomy, dissection, and key arthroscopic procedures—was successfully rolled out at AO Davos Courses 2022, with participants coming from around the world.
Moreover, in this FacultyFocus, you can explore a variety of education-related news from across the AO, including articles on:
- How the AO Access Mentorship Program supports the development of nonclinical competences
- Pre-event assessment and post-event evaluation to help to deliver best-quality education
- The importance of transformative leadership and the wealth of free, easy-to-use self-education resources made available by AO Access
- The Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma (JOT) February 2023 supplement, which takes a deep dive into the lessons learned and the discoveries made by the AO in education delivery during the pandemic
- 10 tips for in-hospital education
Enjoy reading this very engaging edition of FacultyFocus!
Bas A Masri
Chairperson, AO Recon Education Forum
Featured in this edition
FF 2023-01March 20, 2023
New AO Recon Shoulder Curriculum finalized
Course template and faculty support materials available for use in courses
FF 2023-01March 17, 2023
Cultivating transformative leadershipTrove of AO Access resources is just a click away
FF 2023-01March 15, 2023
Ten tips for in-hospital education
FF 2022-02November 09, 2022
Updates enhance AO Recon curriculum
FF 2022-02November 04, 2022
AO Access Mentorship Program set for official launch in 2023