FacultyFocus AO Recon
Welcome to the second 2023 edition of FacultyFocus, our newsletter bringing together a wealth of informational content selected just for you—our AO Recon faculty.
In this edition, we bring you the latest news about AO Recon’s principles and complex hip and knee arthroplasty courses and program updates to courses in the second half of 2023—with full, worldwide implementation planned for 2024.
Additionally, in this FacultyFocus, you will learn how the self-directed AO PEER Online Course—Principles of Clinical Research can shorten your to-do list by helping your residents and staff fill gaps in their research skills.
I also invite you to explore in this edition a variety of news from across the AO, including articles on:
- How the AO Education Institute (AO EI) is helping to sharpen online teaching skills with the new Training for Online Faculty (TOF)
- The AO EI’s transformation to advance trusted learning programs for health care professionals through strategic planning, faculty development, and educational research
- How an open dialogue about perceived threats is key to overcoming resistance to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, including the AO’s own efforts through AO Access to make our organization more diverse and inclusive
- The AO EI’s new online survey to evaluate the patient’s voice in education—and how you can participate
- AO Sports’ innovative teaching technique which is helping the AO respond to the significant global need for unbiased education in sports medicine
- myAO’s new Event Live Page and how it can help you prepare for your courses and engage with participants
- How to feel comfortable in front of a camera and give professional online presentations—the AO EI’s “10 tips to enhance your camera presence”
I hope you will enjoy reading this information-packed edition of FacultyFocus.
Bas A Masri
Chairperson, AO Recon Education Forum
Featured in this edition
FF 2023-01March 20, 2023
New AO Recon Shoulder Curriculum finalized
Course template and faculty support materials available for use in courses