Improving performance and patient outcomes through education
We stand for excellence, innovation, and collaboration in education.
We assume that:
- Physicians are learners who seek to learn and improve patient care. They want to achieve the best patient outcomes.
- Change is essential to surgical practice.
- Education is the catalyst for change.
We believe in:
- Best practice in design, implementation, and evaluation
- Measurable educational outcomes
- Innovation and technology to support education
- Quality as a differentiator
We achieve this by:
- Bringing together clinical and educational expertise
- Applying sound adult education principles
- Developing competency-based curricula based on backward planning
- Providing faculty development
- Creating and delivering high-quality educational resources
- Conducting educational research