Basic Principles of Fracture Management for ORP
„Testimonial text, related to the topic, or introductinoal text to the topic bla bla bla.“
This course teaches fundamental principles and current concepts in the treatment of injuries in relation to pre, per and post-operative nursing and planning.
Top national, regional, and international faculty
2-3 days in duration
For ORP (basic) ....
Network with colleagues from all over the world
- Module 1—General Principles
- Module 2—Diaphyseal Fractures
- Module 3—Joint Fractures
- Module 4—Proximal Femoral Fractures
- Module 5—Complications
- Module 6—Other Anatomical Regions
- Internal fixation with screws and plate—absolute stability
- Internal fixation of a distal tibial fracture using a locking compression plate
- Intramedullary nailing of the tibial shaft with reaming
Tibial shaft fractures─closed reduction and reamed intramedullary nailing (depending on date and location)
- External fixation of a tibial shaft fracture
- Internal fixation of an olecranon fracture with tension band wiring
- Internal fixation of a proximal femoral fracture
- Internal fixation of a malleolar fracture
- Internal fixation of a forearm shaft fracture
Small Group discussions
- Perioperative preparation for an osteosynthesis of a distal femoral fracture.
- Perioperative preparation for an osteosynthesis of a shaft fracture
- Perioperative preparation for an osteosynthesis of the proximal femur
- Infection control
- Perioperative preparation for an osteosynthesis of a malleolar fracture
- Perioperative preparation for an osteosynthesis of a forearm shaft fracture
AO Skills Lab
- Soft-tissue penetration during drilling
- Techniques of reduction
- Damaged implant removal
Course details may be subject to change. Please check your chosen date and location for the detailed program.
Operating Room Personnel (ORP)—curriculum and education taskforce
Learn about educational opportunities specifically targeted at operating room personnel.