History and mission
Officially recognized as an AO Specialty in 1974, the goal of AOCMF has always been to foster a multi-Specialty organization to serve as the voice and professional resource for individuals working in the field of craniomaxillofacial trauma and reconstruction. Today, the AOCMF community embodies a unique culture of teaching and learning, combined with research and development. The universal spirit of this community transcends borders and Specialties, benefitting both patients and health care providers across the globe.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology – head and neck surgery
- General surgery
The mission for AOCMF membership
- To create a forum for specialists who have common interests and enthusiasm in the field of CMF trauma and reconstruction
- To encourage and inspire younger surgeons, such as residents, fellows, and early practitioners to pursue fulfilling careers
- To provide a mechanism for disseminating improved patient care standards by supplying meaningful educational materials throughout a surgeon’s career
The AOCMF member community has enjoyed increasing recognition, with over 1,000 members joining in the first year. Our members have come together as an active forum that takes pride in its work and is enthusiastic about sharing experiences and knowledge.
Visit AOCMF to learn about AOCMF Membership, Education, Research and Fellowships.